Checklist: Internal Strategic Plan Marketing…If a strategic plan is to be inclusive in its development, then the idea of a strategic plan and the particular instance within any given organization needs to include a marketing program and a communication plan.
Keep your organization on track by communicating how you think about the future, and the future you think about.
Checklist: Internal Strategic Plan Marketing
- Who are the audiences included in the plan development? Affected by the plan?
- What do people need to know to make the planning process successful? To execute the plan?
- Who is responsible for communicating the planning process? The plan results? The achievement of goals against the plan?
- What do you say to people who aren’t involved in the plan except at the workplace, action item level?
- How much detail is shared about high-level component development – mission, vision, values? Is this process inclusive or exclusive?
- Where (meetings and websites) do people engage? and How (e-mail, enterprise social media, focus groups?)
Don’t let the plan end up as grist for the rumor mill. Keep people informed. Over-communicate. A strategy represents the future of a company. Every person involved should understand the strategy and their role in accomplishing it. The strategy should be used to make decisions about priorities even on day-to-day work. If people aren’t doing work that aligns with the strategy, then they, and the organization will get off track. Keep your organization on track by communicating how you think about the future, and the future you think about.
For more on strategy from Serious Insights, click here.