Blog followers and colleagues over at OnlineUniversities.com recently posted a list of the top 10 best books on the future of higher ed. I thought I would share it with you.
Here’s the list:
- Higher Education?: How Colleges Are Wasting Our Money and Failing Our Kids—and What We Can Do About It
- The Innovative University: Changing the DNA of Higher Education from the Inside Out (Jossey-Bass Higher and Adult Education Series)
- Academically Adrift: Limited Learning on College Campuses
- Change.edu: Rebooting for the New Talent Economy
- DIY U: Edupunks, Edupreneurs, and the Coming Transformation of Higher Education
- The Fall of the Faculty: The Rise of the All-Administrative University and Why It Matters
- Shakespeare, Einstein, and the Bottom Line: The Marketing of Higher Education
- The Great Brain Race: How Global Universities Are Reshaping the World
- The Great American University: Its Rise to Preeminence, Its Indispensable National Role, Why It Must Be Protected
- Our Underachieving Colleges: A Candid Look at How Much Students Learn and Why They Should Be Learning More
You can ready the OnlineUniversities commentary here.
I want to add one book to the list:
Lowering Higher Education: The Rise of Corporate Universities and the Fall of Liberal Education
Which I’ve started recently. It certainly points to one future, and if you want that future it can be a guide, and if you don’t, it may act as an instruction manual for a counter insurgency.
Leave a Reply